1. How does this work and what is the purpose of the Patent doc delivery system?
This was designed as a helpful tool to allow the user to conveniently collect patent documents from various sources. The user first chooses the country, the document number and the type of document. By clicking on "go", our robot will search for your documents and merge the pages into pdf - files, respectively. Then your pdf - docs will be archived into a single tar / zip file, so that you can download them all together while using a single mouse click on the specified archive.
2. Must I know the correct document number including the document type code?
Yes, today you have to fill in the correct document number and to select the correct document type code from drop down options. We are working on a new version which will autodetect the available documents and which will be released in the near future. For further information on the patent document code terminology (for instance, A1 stands for open laid publication of a patent application, B1 means patent publication in the terminology of the EPO, etc.) please have a look on [STN].
3. Is it necessary to watch the download monitoring screen?
No. The monitoring screen is only for informational and evaluation purposes. The robot runs on the server and processes the job independent of your further browser commands. While the robot is working for you, you can also minimize the browser window or surf to other locations. When you have entered an email address, you can even close your browser or shutdown your computer. Email containing the location of your documents and the archive will be sent to you when the job completes.
4. Should I immediately delete my files after download?
We would appreciate it, if you were to delete your files as soon as possible, because this will help us saving storage capacity. Otherwise files will be deleted 10 days after your download.
5. How many versions of this system are there?
Our current versions of the doc delivery service comprise:
1. The [full version] allows you to simultaneously collect 22 documents on its [ entry page ]. This version includes also the [ option ] to enter your data on preformatted max. 5KB ASCII files, which must have one of the following formats, and which may comprise a series of (max. about 250) documents for download, specified by the Country_Code (US), followed by the Patent_Number (5780960) and the Document_Type (A) (for instance US5780960A) :
- comma separated format
JP08040437AA, US5780960A, EP0828417B1 (etc., and/or)
- line separated format
2. The [ free version ] has the same features like the full version; however it is limited in the max. number of documents (#3) to simultaneously download. Please note that subscribers of the above complete version have also access to the free version`s [ entry page ], which may be more comfortable for downloading single documents.
3. The [ demo version ] shows you an example download of six randomly selected documents.
6. Is there also a desktop version for download?
We are currently engaged with the preparation of stand alone desktop programs for download which will work both independently and also in collaboration with our robot. According to our schedule such versions will be available late in 2001 / in the beginning of 2002. Upon the release subscribers will be immediately notified.
7. How fast is the PATITIA robot?
According to our test drives, the download speed seems to depend at most on the net traffic surroundings. The average download speed should be about 3 to 6 seconds per page, and we have achieved a max. average download speed of less than 1 second per page with the documents of our demo version. Please note that the download speed is independent of your internet connection.
8. I have forgot my user name and/or password?
Please simply send us an [email] with some information which will allow a proper identification. Of course you can also newly register, however we would appreciate it, if you were to let us know, so that we are able to keep our database as clean as possible.
9. How to cancel my subscription?
You can cancel your subscription at any time by simply [mailing] to us.
10. You have further questions?
So please do not hesitate to [drop] us a line.